Simple pineapple upside down cake.You can have Simple pineapple upside down cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple pineapple upside down cake
- It’s 145 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 270 gm of granulated sugar.
- You need 50 gms of margarine/butter.
- You need 50 gms of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 315 gm of all purpose flour(sifted).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pineapple essence.
- You need 30 gms of corn flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 240 ml of milk (at room temperature).
- It’s 4-6 of pineapple pieces cut into rings with the cores removed.
- It’s 4-10 of red cherries.
Simple pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Pre heat your ove to 160 degrees celcius.
- Melt the butter/ margarine and brown sugar in a pan.Pour the melted mixture on your cake pan and distribute it evenly..
- Arrange your pineapple slices on the cake pan to cover the bottom of your pan.Distribute your cherries around the pineapples including the middle of each pineapple ring and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and pineapple essence till light and fluffy.
- Add the 1/3 of the flour and fold it in using a spatula,when the flour is well incorporated add ½ of the milk..
- Add another 1/3 rd of the flour and fold in.
- Add the remaining milk and mix.
- Add the final 1/ 3rd of the remaining flour and fold in.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple rings and bake for 45- 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean..
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife. Cool the cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate..